Public Rights Notice Accounts 2019/2020
Local council name: Essington Parish Council ____________________________________________________________________
Notice of appointment of date for the exercise of public rights
Accounts for the year ended 31st March 2020
The Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, and
The Accounts and Audit (England) Regulations 2015 (SI 234)
1. Date of announcement: 31st August 2020
2. Each year the Council’s/Meeting’s (b) Annual Return is audited by an auditor appointed by Public Sector Audit Appointments Limited. Any person interested has the right to inspect and make copies of the accounts to be audited and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers and receipts relating to them. For the year ended 31 March 2019 these documents will be available on reasonable notice on application to:
c) Louise Tipler- (Acting Clerk) Essington Parish Council,
Hobnock Road, Essington, WV11 2RF.
commencing on (d) 1st September 2020 .
and ending on (e) 12th October 2020
3. Local Government Electors and their representatives also have:
• the opportunity to question the auditor about the accounts; and
• the right to make objections to the accounts or any item in them. Written notice of an objection must first be given to the auditor and a copy sent to the Council/Meeting (f).
The auditor can be contacted at the address in paragraph 4 below for this purpose during the inspection period at 2 above.
(f) Delete as appropriate
4. The audit is being conducted under the provisions of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, the Accounts and Audit (England) Regulations 2015 and the National Audit Office’ Code of Audit Practice. Your audit is being carried out by:
Mazars LLP, Salvus Aykley Heads, Durham, DH1 5TS
5. This announcement is made by (g))Louise Tipler- (Acting Clerk) ______________________________