Pools Sub- Committee
Essington Parish Council Sub Committee 2nd August 2021 to be held at 7pm in at Essington Community Centre.
1. Election of Vice Chair
3. Declarations of Interest
4. Minutes of the last meeting
6. Clubmate Update
7. Lease – Invoice
8. Fishing Pegs – Sponsor a Peg Scheme/Donations
9. BDAA Grant – Update
10. Bins – Ratify install of 3 additional bins
11. Bailiffs/Pools Occassionals
12. LNR – Update
13. Severn Trent Land – Site Visit
14. Environment Agency – Water Quality/Site Visit
15. Angling Trust Membership
16. Japanese Knotweed
17. Picnic in the Pools Event
a. Ratify First Aid
b. Ratify Entertainment Costs
c. Ratify Catering Costs
d. Ratify Temporary Licence
e. Ratify Temporary Barrier
f. Ratify Temporary Toilets
g. Ratify Fancy Dress Prize Costs
18. Date of the Next Meeting
Signed by Louise Tipler
Acting Clerk 28th July 2021
Essington Parish Council Pools Sub-Committee held at 7pm at Essington
Community Centre. 2
nd August 2021.
Present: Cllrs Fisher, Steel, Nicklin, Porter, Southern.
Acting Clerk: Louise Tipler
4x Invited members of the Pools Occasional’ s and 1x Pools Bailiff in
Public Participation- None
1. Election of Vice Chair-Resolved: Cllr Chris Steel as Vice Chairman of the
Committee for the Year 2021/22, Proposed by Cllr Fisher, Seconded by
Cllr Southern- All in Favour.
2. Apologies- Councillors Kelly, Haddon, Cornfield.
3. Declarations of Interest-None
4. Minutes of the last meeting-Proposed by Cllr Steel, seconded by Cllr
Nicklin that the minutes are a true record- All in Favour
5. Correspondence- Rough sleeper sheltering in a tent at the Pools has
been reported by several members of the public, after investigation the
tent now appears to be unoccupied.
6. Clubmate Update-Permit updates are working well with the new App, a
Bailiff App is also being developed. Sub- Committee to recommend to
full Council the purchase of a suitable mobile device for the use of the
7. Lease – Invoice- County Council to draft up a suggested new license for
fishing rights at the Pools Brownshore Lane for the period 2019/20- End
of 2022/23 4-year period. Total for the period at a reduced cost of
£3,600.00, £900.00 from this year’s budget and the remaining £2700.00
showing a virement from general reserves in the accounts. Proposed by
Cllr Fisher we pay the full amount, Seconded by Cllr Porter- All in favour
8. Fishing Pegs – Sponsor a Peg Scheme/Donations-Suggested recycled
plastic barriers for each peg, liaise with supplier for the effectiveness
against Rats. The Possibility of peg sponsorship was discussed to enable
local businesses to advertise, proposed by Cllr Southern that businesses
can advertise for a 3-year period at a total cost of £300.00 seconded by
Cllr Steel-All in favour.
9. BDAA Grant – Update- Deferred to next meeting agenda
10.Bins – Ratify install of 3 additional bins- Proposed by Cllr Steel that
Council purchase 3x additional bins to be located on the pools Car Park,
New Street, and the style entrance at a cost of £540.00 seconded by Cllr
Southern-All in favour.
11. Bailiffs/Pools Occasional’ s – Points raised- Request from the Pools
Occasional’ s for Council to Purchase an industrial strimmer for their use
as members are using their own tools-agenda for Full Council.
Suggested that all Parish Council members take a walk around the Pools
to familiarise themselves with the Area. Signage- suggested a map of the
Pools & clear up after your dog signs. Also mentioned was the issue of
12. LNR – Update- Stay on the Agenda
13. Severn Trent Land – Site Visit- Identified Himalayan Balsam suggested
that whilst in flower attempts are made to pull off the flowers to reduce
14. Environment Agency – Water Quality/Site Visit-Awaiting site visit and
water testing. Council discussed the possibility of purchasing their own
testing kit, deferred to the next agenda.
15. Angling Trust Membership- Proposed by Cllr Steel that the Parish
Council sign up for membership at a cost of £199.00 per year Seconded
by Cllr Nicklin- All in favour.
16. Japanese Knotweed- Has been assessed and had first treatment,
Second Treatment due in September, due to be assessed again in the
17. Picnic in the Pools Event- Events Budget
a. Ratify First Aid- £170.00 + VAT
b. Ratify Entertainment Costs- Bouncy Castle £160.00 manned,
Entertainer £250.00, Musician £150.00 (£25.00 being donated to
the Charity MIND)
c. Ratify Catering Costs-£500.00
d. Ratify Temporary Licence-£21.00
e. Ratify Temporary Barrier-£132.00
f. Ratify Temporary Toilets-£366.00 inc VAT
g. Ratify Fancy Dress Prize Costs-£100.00
18. Date of the Next Meeting-20TH September
Signed by Louise Tipler
Acting Clerk- Essington Parish Council.