Parish Council Meeting
- Declaration of Interest of Members:
- Crime Report:
- Approval of minutes of the last meeting:
- Matters arising from the last meetings minutes.
- County Councillors Report:
- District Councillors Report:
- Finance – a) Summary of February payments to be passed: b) Bank Reconciliation: c) Tearooms Income and Expenditure. d) Ratify Tearooms redundancy payment Amount: e) Terms and Conditions for Tearoom Licensing: f) Costs for above: g) Ratify- NLW Increase of 6.2% to £8.72 per hour: h) Ratify- LGA NJC National Salary Award: i) Ratify Staff Pension, Nest Increase: J) Ratify Donation to Essington in Bloom:
- Admin/Clerk Arrangements for 20/2021- Proposal’s.
- Essington Show Bloom:
- Planning – Bovis Application. Bovis Homes have applied to reduce the size of some of the dwellings on the site in Hobnock Road.
- Brownshore Pre-School – Update.
- Community Centre – FRA- Update:
- Tearooms-Arrangements for Interim Period.
- Date of the Next Meeting:
Chairman Chris Steel Opened the Meeting at 7.05pm, welcoming all members he also mentioned that due to an influx of messages regarding the increase in precept he would like to call a public meeting as soon as possible. However, with current COVID19 guidelines continually changing this may not be possible.
Public Participation – A member of the Public spoke regarding yet again the disgraceful state of the Road’s within the Parish Potholes ever increasing and becoming more of a hazard, defending the Parish Council who are not responsible.
- Apologies: Cllr Pole, Cllr Mattison and Cllr Bradburn.
- Declaration of Interest of Members: Cllr Fisher declared a Pecuniary interest in item 13 & a non- Pecuniary Interest in item 14. Cllr Kelly also declared a Pecuniary Interest in Item 13.
- Crime Report: None
- Approval of inutes of the last meeting: Proposed by Cllr Curtis Seconded by Cllr Porter all in Favour.
- Matters arising from the last meetings minutes. Cllr Fisher mentioned letter from concerned resident follow up this will be actioned based on new correspondence.
- County Councillors Report: None
- District Councillors Report: Cllr Fisher proposed to Council his idea to launch a street buddy scheme to support elderly and vulnerable residents during the COVID19 outbreak. All Councillors were in favour. Chris Steel Proposed that £250.00 be ratified to spend on Food Bank seconded by Cllr Moore. All in favour. Cllr Steel, Proposed £50.00 expenditure for street buddy’s leaflets, Seconded by Cllr Kelly. All in Favour. Cllr Steel Proposed £50.00 expenditure for leaflets explaining Precept Increase. Seconded by Cllr Kelly. All in Favour.
- Co-Option: David Lester was asked by the Chairman to join the Council at the table He introduced himself, Councillors welcomed him.
- Finance – a) Summary of February payments to be passed: Proposed by Cllr Curtis Seconded by Cllr Haddon. All in favour. b) Bank Reconciliation: All in Favour. c) Tearooms Income and Expenditure. d) Ratify Tearooms redundancy payment Amount: £11,000.00 (payment for non- contracted employee agreed) Proposed by Cllr Fisher Seconded by Cllr Steel. All in favour. e) Terms and Conditions for Tearoom Licensing: After a lengthy discussion it was resolved that an initial deposit of £1500.00 would be required upon agreement of terms of any License agreement. Rent will need to be expressed within any proposal (not less than £1500.00 per month) payable on the 1st of each Month throughout the agreed License period. f) Costs for above: Further discussions to take place. g) Ratify – NLW Increase of 6.2% to £8.72 per hour: All in favour. h) Ratify- LGA NJC National Salary Award: Not been Agreed. i) Ratify Staff Pension, Nest Increase: No Increase. J) Ratify Donation to Essington in Bloom: £450.00 Proposed by Cllr Dodd Seconded by Cllr Curtis. All in Favour.
- Admin/Clerk Arrangements for 20/2021- Proposal’s. Cllr Steel Proposed 2x Part time Admin Assistants 17.5 Hours Per Week and a Qualified Part-Time Clerk 5 Hours Per Week. Seconded by Cllr Fisher. All in favour.
- Essington Show Bloom- Update. Plans for Essington Show are going well however there is uncertainty surrounding all gatherings facing possible cancellation during the COVID19 outbreak.
- Planning – Bovis Application. Bovis Homes have applied to reduce the size of some of the dwellings on the site in Hobnock Road. Parish Council Representatives to meet with Planning Officer. To be put on the next EPC Management Meeting Agenda.
- Brownshore Pre- School- Update. Cllr Fisher and Cllr Kelly Left the room at 20.55pm. Chairman Chris Steel informed the remaining Councillor’s that we had received the Proposed Lease back from our Solicitor and we should be in receipt of it from the Client soon.
- Community Centre – FRA Update: Cllr Dodd informed Council of Quotations for the FRA £14,000.00 as per quote was Proposed by Cllr Dodd Seconded by Cllr Curtis Cllr Fisher Abstained due to having a non-pecuniary interest. All in favour.
- Tearooms – Arrangements for Interim Period. No arrangements to open the Tearooms during Interim Period.
- Date of the Next Meeting: Monday 20th
- The Meeting closed at 20.59pm.