Essington Parish Council 1st November 2022
Management Meeting to be held on the 7th of November 2022 at 7pm in the Council Chamber
Public and Tennant’s Participation 15 Mins
- Declarations of Interest
- Approval of the last meeting minutes
- Matters Arising
- a) Community-users Key Safe
- b) One way system ECC
- c) Painting and Maintenance Exterior Doors- See quotation.
- d) General Clear out Cupboards, Storage Areas etc….
- e) Blind for Community Hall
- f) Roof and Flooding causing damp in Council Chamber – See quotation.
- g) Defibrillator-Remove or Maintain under a Management Company.
- h) Miners Monument.
- i) Secure bins in store/all tenants issued with Keys
- j) Electric Cupboard- New Secure Lock safe Doors.
- k) Fire Evacuation Plan and Assembly Point.
- l) Solar Panels.
- m) Over Head projector Council Chamber
- n) Warm Spaces.
5.2 Medical Centre– Update
5.3 Long Lane- Teddy Bears Driveway damage
5.4 Broad Lane
5.6 Swan Park
- Allotments Vistry Site
- Date of the Next Meeting
Signed by Louise Tipler 1st November 2022
Essington Parish Council Management Agenda 7th November 2022 Page 2 of 2
Essington Parish Council
Management Meeting held on the 7th of November 2022 at 7pm in the Council Chamber
Public and Tennant’s Participation 15 Mins- None
Present: Councillors, Steel, Porter, Parker, Sheldon, Kelly, Nicklin and Moseley
Also Present: Louise Tipler Clerk
- Apologies– Councillors, Southern, Haddon & Mattison
- Declarations of Interest– None
- Approval of the last meeting minutes 11th July 2022- Proposed by Adrian, seconded by Steve, all in favour, that the minutes were an accurate record and signed by the Chairman Chris Steel.
- Matters Arising- None
- a) Community-users Key Safe– Deferred, more information needed
- b) One way system ECC– On hold until the proposed road works on Hobnock Road are complete.
- c) Painting and Maintenance Exterior Doors- See quotation. Councillors agreed the quotation supplied in Principle; however, a site visit was thought necessary. Add to the next Agenda.
- d) General Clear out Cupboards, Storage Areas etc…. Councillors to arrange a suitable day to clear any unwanted Items cluttering the Community Centre, Clerk to arrange a skip.
- e) Blind for Community Hall- Councillors suggested that the Clerk gets a quote for a blind for the large window in the Community Hall, however it was considered that initially the window should be replaced -AN to get quotes.
Essington Parish Council Management Meeting Minutes 7th November 2022 Page 1 of 3
- f) Roof and Flooding causing damp in Council Chamber – See quotation. Councillors discussed the quotation to supply and fit new hoppers and downpipes to the hall roof and divert the water to the gravel area at the side of the Community Centre at a cost of £280.00 which was approved, Proposed by Ken, seconded by James – All in favour.
- g) Defibrillator-Remove or Maintain under a Management Company. The Chairman to liaise with the Clerk to get the Defibrillator at the Community Centre reconnected. Councillors will check the unit outside of the Care Home of Broad Lane and report their findings at the next meeting.
- h) Miners Monument- Following a lengthy discussion it was suggested that councillors look at costs, available funds within the Budget and decide where the monument would be best placed.
- i) Secure bins in store/all tenants issued with Keys- Councillors were all in favour that the bin store should be locked and distribute access details to all tenants. The Clerk liaise with maintenance and action.
- j) Electric Cupboard- New Secure Lock safe Doors. It was resolved that new doors and locks should be replaced as soon as possible.
- k) Fire Evacuation Plan and Assembly Point. The Clerk to work with maintenance to complete a Fire evacuation Plan
- l) Solar Panels- Deferred
- m) Over Head projector Council Chamber- Councillors discussed the options and resolved that the Clerk contact the Council’s telephone provider for a quote to add an internet connection in the Chamber.
- n) Warm Spaces- Defer to Full Council
5.2 Medical Centre– The Chairman should continue with enquiries relating to the lease and resolved that a letter should be sent to the Tennant’s
5.3 Long Lane- Teddy Bears Driveway damage- Councillors discussed a site visit to assess the damage, Clerk to check the Lease.
At 8.45pm the Chairman asked for an extension to the meeting until 9.15 should that be necessary Councillors agreed, however Cllr Kelly mentioned that she will need to leave by 9pm.
5.4 Broad Lane- The Clerk mentioned correspondence she had received regarding overgrowth on the Driveway to Walsall Football Club training ground including an overgrown conifer on the Council’s land encroaching on a neighbour’s property with a request to have it removed, it was resolved that Cllr Sheldon would take a look.
Essington Parish Council Management Meeting Minutes 7th of November 2022 Page 2 of 3
5.5 Westcroft- Cllr Steel mentioned that the playing fields fence at Westcroft was looking tatty needing some maintenance and painting, it was resolved that quotes should be obtained and bought to the next meeting for consideration.
5.6 Swan Park- Council have received a Quote for £750.00 to attend to the hedge along the front of Swan Park to allow visibility from the road which is believed to help control Anti -social behaviour. The Chairman to liaise with the groundsman.
5.7 Pools– A Pools Meeting has been arranged for Monday the 21st of November 2022.
- Allotments Vistry Site- Councillors will recommend to Full Council that the preferred option will be to have the land as an open space to be discussed at Full Council the 14th of November 2022.
- Date of the next meeting- 12th December 2022
- Closure– 9.08pm
Signed by Louise Tipler 10th November 2022
Essington Parish Council Management Meeting Minutes 7th November 2022 Page 3 of 3