Essington Parish Council
Management Meeting to be held on Monday the 17th of July 2023 at 7pm in the Council Chamber.
Public and Tennant’s Participation- 15 Mins
- Declarations of Interest
- Approval of the last meeting minutes 26th of June 2023
- Matters Arising
- Broad Lane
- a) Bench Quotes
- b) SIDS
- a) One way system ECC
- c) Roof- Update
- d) Defibrillator/s
- e) Miners Monument.
- f) Solar Panels
- g) Tree Maintenance – Quotes
- j) Christmas Market
- k) Chill out Club- Contract.
- Medical Centre
Management Meeting Agenda 17th of July 2023 Page 1 of 2
- Long Lane
- a) Land to the rear of 76 Long Lane
- Swan Park
- Date of the Next Meeting
Management Meeting Agenda 17th of July 2023 Page 2 of 2
EPC Management Meeting Minutes held on Monday the 17th of July 2023 Attendees; WF, SS, JP, HS, CS, SP, AN, GK Apologies; KM Declaration of Interest GK (1way system)
PRESENTATION. Prior to the start of the meeting a representative from MORELOCK SIGNS gave a presentation on Speed Indicator Devices (SID) It would appear the best option for EPC was Solar operated SID @ £2900 Fixing Poles £50ea.
- Bench Quotes have come in at £500ea, 2 to be ordered, KM offered to store at home until time for installation. The Clerk too arrange with EHG fitting securely.
- SIDs It was agreed that we would purchase 2 Solar Panel SIDs with poles for installation in Broad Lane. Positions to be agreed by SS, SP, KM. This would be for a 6-month period then EPC would review benefits prior to either trailing or buying new SIDs for other areas in the village. Proposed AN Seconded WF Agreed, All in Favour
- One Way System Warren Fisher met with HMC to discuss the layout and was expecting a quotation by the end of the week.
After a long discussion on whether it would improve what we have currently, it was agreed it would make it safer for pedestrians and vehicle movement on the site. It was also agreed subject to reviewing and approving the quotation (2nd August 6-30) with it to be completed during the School Holidays that we commence. Proposed HS Seconded JP
- Main Hall Roof The approved Contractors to start on the 31st of KM with his specialist knowledge review and oversee the activity.
- Miners Monument awaiting the Clerk for planning application to be completed and sent to SSDC. It is anticipated that installation at the Village Green to start end of September.
- Solar Panels Ongoing research by WF.
- Tree Maintenance High Hill Green Area. It is unfortunate that 4 of the trees in question have Ash Die back. This means we would be wasting money for reducing the size. AN has 1 quotation for removing completely and is currently chasing a second.
- Christmas Market awaiting information and more detail from organisers.
- Chill Out Club. It appears that the organiser had not received the contract bearing in mind the summer club starts on the 20th of AN to resent the information to enable it to be signed and returned prior to the start date.
- Medical Centre. CS has had a chat with the (Practise Manager) regarding lack of tenancy agreement. But this could be held up due to maybe a change of tenancy (New Practise) over the next 12months. WF mentioned an ITB update meeting between County, District & Parish Councillors
- LONG LANE
- Land adjacent to 76 Long Lane. The resident’s family are keen to own the land. We are not sure of ownership. Also do they / did they pay a pepper corn fee to EPC. Is there a covenant on the land? Not in a position to give away if EPC owns the plot.
WESTCROFT Nothing on Agenda
SWAN PARK Dogs not allowed sign needed Clerk to arrange. Equipment Inspection log to be kept.
POOLS 100 carp on order
DATE OF NEXT MEETING 14th AUGUST
Minutes Signed by Adrian Nicklin (clerk absent)
Signed by Chris Steel Chairman Essington Parish Council………………………………………..18th of September 2023.