Essington Parish Council
Management Meeting to be held on Monday the 22nd of May 2023 at 7pm in the Council Chamber.
Exclusion of the press and public: to exclude the press and public during the consideration of the items set out in the Agenda item 5.1 h) & i) on the grounds that it may involve the disclosure of exempt information as set in paragraph 1 of Part 1 of Schedule 12a to the local government act 1972.
Public and Tennant’s Participation- 15 Mins
- Declarations of Interest
- Approval of the last meeting minutes 27th of February 2023
- Matters Arising
a) One way system ECC and other onsite parking issues.
b) Telephone & Internet Connection Council Chamber – Quotes
c) Roof- Quotes
d) Defibrillator/s (Letter from Resident)
e) Miners Monument.
f) Solar Panels
g) Tree Maintenance – Quotes
h) 1911 Café License review
i) Esther’s Wardrobe License review
j) Christmas Market
k) Parish Council Associate application.
l) Chill out Club- Contract.
5.3 Medical Centre
Management Meeting Agenda 22nd of May 2023 Page 1 of 2
5.4 Long Lane
5.5 Broad Lane
5.7 Swan Park
- Date of the Next Meeting
Signed by Louise Tipler Clerk
16th of May 2023.
Management Meeting Agenda 22nd of May 2023 Page 2 of 2
Essington Parish Council ECC210
Management Meeting held on Monday the 22nd of May 2023 at 7pm in the Council Chamber.
Public and Tennant’s Participation- 15 Mins– No members of the Public were present.
Present: Councillors Chris Steel, Hilary Southern, Gill Kelly, Adrian Nicklin, Steve Porter Warren Fisher, James Parker, Susan Sheldon.
Also Present: Louise Tipler- Clerk.
- Apologies– Ken Moseley
- Declarations of Interest- None
- Approval of the last meeting minutes 22nd May 2023- Proposed by Adrian, Seconded by James, all in favour
- Matters Arising- Foodbank was mentioned, due to lack of interest Council resolved to remove foodbank from the agenda for now.
- a) One way system ECC and other onsite parking issues- Councillors discussed the one-way system it was suggested that a quicker solution might be possible which will need some overgrowth to be removed and a new fence, the clerk to write to resident next door to arrange an onsite visit.
- b) Telephone & Internet Connection Council Chamber – 2 quotes have now been received and considered by the Councillors. The clerk to enquire on lead time for the works.
- c) Roof- Quotes- The Clerk mentioned that she had received a verbal estimate of costs however, she had not received a written quote at the time of the meeting, it was suggested that a full structural survey and quote of the hall roof should be sought from 3 contractors in preparation for the possibility to house solar panels.
- d) Defibrillator/s – residents from the Bovis site wrote to the Parish Council regarding issues they were having trying to establish how they can get a defib fitted on the site, councillors suggested that the resident’s letter should be forwarded to our County Cllrs
Management Meeting Minutes 22nd of May 2023 Page 1 of 3
Kath Perry and Bernard Williams as it is the responsibility of County Council
- e) Miners Monument- Councillors were advised that Planning permission had apparently expired in 2022, however, the clerk confirmed that as far she is aware planning permission had not been confirmed or received in writing.
- f) Solar Panels- Stay on Agenda
- g) Tree Maintenance – it was resolved that tree wardens Cllrs James Parker and Adrian Nicklin arrange a site visit to view overgrown trees. The clerk to report other overgrowth in Broad Lane and Brownshore.
- h) 1911 Café License review- Proposed by Warren, seconded by Adrian to increase the rent as a proposal of 5%, the clerk to write to the Café.
- i) Esther’s Wardrobe License review- Proposed by Warren, seconded by Adrian to increase the rent as a proposal of 5%, the clerk to write to Esther’s Wardrobe.
- j) Christmas Market- Following many enquiries in the Community to relaunch the CC Annual Christmas Market, Councillors suggested that the clerk makes enquiries and looks at options for the next meeting.
- k) Parish Council Associate application- Details to be forwarded to Adrian to look at.
- l) Chill out Club- Contract- Awaiting signed contract from the organiser.
- Medical Centre- Due to the complexity of the leases it was suggested that the leases are passed to the PC Finance Committee to look at.
- Long Lane- Wyrley Juniors have asked for a letter from the Parish Council to support new interior improvements at the club.
- Broad Lane- Susan mentioned putting in some new benches at the park area in Broad Lane, which she will get quotes for the next meeting. Steve to get quotes for SIDS.
- Westcroft- Councillors discussed erecting the replacement notice board and further maintenance improvements.
- Swan Park- a new secure padlock has been added to the rear gate off the CC car park following reports of children running across the car park at dangerously busy times.
- Pools- Following the recent vandalism at the Pools the benches will be repaired and reinstated
Management Meeting Minutes 22nd of May 2023 Page 2 of 3
- Date of the Next Meeting- Monday the 26th of June 2023.
- Closure- 9pm
Signed by Louise Tipler Clerk the 25th of May 2023.
Signed By Chris Steel………………………………………..26th of June 2023