Essington Parish Council Agenda 14th November2022
Dear Councillors, you are summoned to attend a meeting of the Full Parish Council to be held on Monday the 14th of November 2022 at 7pm in the Council Chamber.
Public and Press Participation
- Declarations of Interest
- Minutes of the meeting held on Monday the 17th October 2022
- Matters arising from previous minutes
- District Councillors Report
- Financial Matters
6.1 Schedule of Payments- November 2022 to be tabled at the meeting
6.2 Income and Expenditure Reports- October 2022
6.3 Bank Reconciliation- October 2022
6.4 Ratify cost of £280.00 to replace and reroute pipework on rear hall roof
6.5 Ratify cost of £1420.00 for outside paintwork doors and frames.
6.6 Budget Report
6.7 Earmarked Reserves
6.8 Budget 2023-2024
7 Local Plan
8 Pools grant balance.
Page 1 of 2
- Vistry Homes proposal of Allotments/Open Space
- Warm Spaces
- Civic Sunday arrangements
- Speed Awareness
- Climate Change
- Brownshore Pools Lease
- Date of the next Meeting
Signed By Louise Tipler
Clerk to the Council 9TH November 2022
Essington Parish Council Agenda 14th November 2022 Page 2 of 2
Essington Parish Council Minutes EP885 14th November2022
Full Parish Council Meeting held on Monday the 14th of November 2022 at 7pm in the Council Chamber.
Public and Press Participation– None
Present: Councillors, Chris Steel, Hilary Southern, Winston Haddon, Steve Porter, Gill Kelly, Adrian Nicklin, Thelma Mattison, James Parker, Susan Sheldon, Ken Moseley.
Also Present: Clerk Louise Tipler, RFO Kate Roberts.
- Apologies- None
- Declarations of Interest- None
- Minutes of the meeting held on Monday the 17th of October 2022- The minutes were approved by the Council as an accurate record and signed by the Chairman, proposed by Adrian seconded by Ken- all in favour.
- Matters arising from previous minutes- None
- District Councillors Report- Councillors discussed the local Plan which has now gone to the consultation stage for a period of 6 weeks public consultation will take place at Essington Community Centre on Thursday November the 24th 2022.
- Financial Matters
6.1 Schedule of Payments- November 2022 to be tabled at the meeting – Approved-all in favour
6.2 Income and Expenditure Reports- October 2022– Councillors read and accepted the report.
6.3 Bank Reconciliation- October 2022– The RFO recommended that Council should close four of the reserve accounts currently held and amalgamate into
Full Council Minutes 14th November 2022 Page 1 of 4
the Councils Community Direct Plus Account. It was mentioned that an amount of £5000.00 had been a grant from Staffordshire County Council some time ago
for Investigative work to diagnose flooding issues in Sneyd Lane however, Councillor’s discussed and agreed that the amount should be refunded to County Council. Proposed by James, Seconded by Ken, all in favour.
6.4 Ratify cost of £280.00 to replace and reroute pipework on rear hall roof- Proposed by Chris, that the work should go ahead immediately to avoid any further water damage, seconded by Ken, all in favour.
6.5 Ratify cost of £1420.00 for outside paintwork doors and frames. Proposed by Chris, that the quote is accepted and works to be carried out as soon as possible, seconded by Gill, all in favour.
6.6 Budget Report- Councillors read and noted the Budget Report.
6.7 Earmarked Reserves- Earmarked Reserves
|Code||Account||Opening Balance||Transfer To EMR||Transfer From EMR||Closing Balance|
|320||Swan Park Improvements||£20,364.00||£20,364.00||£ –|
|330||ECC Capital Investment||£15,000.00||£7,262.86||£7,737.14|
|350||Preschool Grant||£ –||£10,029.15||£10,029.15|
6.7 Councillors discussed and it was agreed to move the following monies to/from Earmarked Reserves.
|320||Transfer £20,364 from Swan Park Improvements to General Reserves:
|330||Transfer £7,262.86 from ECC Capital Investment EMR for Folding Tables £2,157 + Chairs & Desk £2,816 + £2,290 Exterior Chamber Wall Repairs|
|345||Create an EMR for Election Costs and earmark £5,000|
|350||Transfer £10,029.15 grant monies received March 2022 into a new Preschool Grant EMR|
Full Council Minutes 14th November 2022 Page 2 of 4
6.8 Budget 2023-2024– a Preliminary Budget meeting has been arranged for Monday the 21st of November @ 7pm which will follow a Pools Sub- Committee meeting at 6pm.
7 Local Plan- As mentioned in Item 5 District Councillors Report.
8 Pools grant balance- Deferred to Budget Meeting
- Vistry Homes proposal of Allotments/Open Space– The Clerk to write to Vistry to advise that the preferred option would be a Managed open space with Benches.
- Warm Spaces- A daytime meeting has been arranged for the 28TH of November with District Council Housing Dept and other members to discuss options available.
- Civic Sunday arrangements – The Chair and Vice Chair had a recent meeting with St John’s Church Vicar and advised Councillors that the Event will go ahead at the agreed date of the 15th of January 2023. Councillors were asked to consider a list of attendees, Invitations to Community Members will be sent out in due course. The Clerk to arrange catering with the onsite 1911 Café.
@ 20.51 The Chairman asked for an extension to the meeting until 9.15.
- Website- Councillors discussed the Website and how it could be improved, replacing the Office PC, and a mobile phone for the Clerk’s use.
- Speed Awareness-A Community Speed Watch Introduction meeting has been arranged for Tuesday the 22nd of November 2022 the aim is to get volunteers from the Parish to get involved with recording speeding vehicles, which will be processed by Staffordshire Police. Item to Stay on Agenda.
- Climate Change- deferred
- Brownshore Pools Lease– deferred
- Date of the next Meeting- 12th of December 2022
- Closure 9.05 pm.
Full Council Minutes 14th November 2022 Page 3 of 4
Signed By Louise Tipler
Clerk…………………………. 16th of November 2022
Signed by Chris Steel…………………………………………….12th December 2022
Full Council Minutes 14th of November 2022 Page 4 of 4