Full Council Subject to Change
Essington Parish Council Agenda 11th October 2022
Full Parish Council Meeting to be held on Monday the 17th of October 2022 at 7pm in the Council Chamber.
Public and Press Participation
- Declarations of Interest
- Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday the 28th of September 2022
- Matters arising from previous minutes
- District Councillors Report
- Financial Matters
6.1 Schedule of Payments- October 2022 to be tabled at the meeting
6.2 Income and Expenditure Reports- September 2022
6.3 Bank Reconciliation- September 2022
6.4 Ratify leaf blower at a cost of
6.5 Ratify mobile handheld speed device estimated cost £430.48 each.
6.6 Ratify cost of new fuse board, reconfigure electric supply and adapt cupboard to suit £1028.00 plus VAT
6.7 Charity Event Hall Hire
7 1911 Café Esther’s Wardrobe.
8 Pools grant additional Supplies.
- Vistry Homes proposal of Allotments/Open Space
- Young person’s chill out club’s regular hall hire and use of park area
Page 1 of 2
- Civic Sunday arrangements
- Speed Awareness
- Climate Change
- Brownshore Pools Lease
- Date of the next Meeting
Signed By Louise Tipler
Clerk 11th October 2022
Essington Parish Council Agenda 17th October 2022 Page 2 of 2
Full Parish Council Meeting held on Monday the 17th of October 2022 at 7pm in the Council Chamber.
Public and Press Participation- None
Present: Councillors, Chris Steel, Hilary Southern, Steve Porter, Adrian Nicklin and James Parker.
Also present: Louise Tipler Clerk.
- Apologies- Councillors Gill Kelly, Winston Haddon, Thelma Mattison, Ken Moseley, and Susan Sheldon
- Declarations of Interest– None
- Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday the 28th of September 2022- Proposed by Hilary, Seconded by James, All in Favour.
- Matters arising from previous minutes- No Foodbank update to report, Councillors still pursuing Wood Farm tipping issue.
- District Councillors Report- Comments regarding planning for a convenience store and six additional houses on Aspen Way, was noted.
- Financial Matters
6.1 Schedule of Payments– October 2022 to be tabled at the meeting. Approved- Proposed by Steve, seconded by James, all in favour. Adrian declared an interest.
6.2 Income and Expenditure Reports- September 2022. Approved-Proposed by Chris, Seconded by Hilary, all in favour
6.3 Bank Reconciliation- September 2022. Approved- Proposed by Chris, Seconded by Adrian, all in favour.
6.4 Ratify leaf blower at a cost of £169.99- Approved- Proposed by James, seconded by Steve, all in favour.
6.5 Ratify mobile handheld speed device estimated cost £430.48 each. Approved-not to exceed £500.00. Proposed by Adrian, seconded by James, all in favour.
6.6 Ratify cost of new fuse board, reconfigure electric supply and adapt cupboard to suit £1028.00 plus VAT. Approved- Proposed by James, seconded by Chris, all in favour.
6.7 Charity Event Hall Hire- Councillors agreed that the hire charge should be met by the hirer and the Council will refund that charge of £150.00 to the registered Charity.
7 1911 Café Esther’s Wardrobe. A rent rebate to both Tennant’s was agreed to cover losses incurred by the closure due to electrical issues.
8 Pools grant additional Supplies. Defer to Management
- Vistry Homes proposal of Allotments/Open Space– Defer to Management.
- Young person’s chill out club’s regular hall hire and use of park area- Councillors asked for the organisers to be Invited to a meeting, to be arranged later.
- Civic Sunday arrangements. Chris and Hilary to meet with the Church Vicar. Councillors should start considering Invites.
- Website- Deferred to the next meeting.
- Speed Awareness- A Public Meeting has been arranged for Tuesday the 22nd of November 2022 at 7pm at the Community Centre.
- Foodbank- deferred.
- Climate Change- Council are awaiting a roof survey and quotation for solar panels to be fitted at the Community Centre, the clerk will get a quote for an additional recycling bin.
- Brownshore Pools Lease- The clerk to contact county Council regarding the wording of the Pools Lease.
- Date of the next Meeting 14th November 2022.
- Closure 9.15pm
Signed by Louise Tipler