Full Council Meeting
Agenda Essington Parish Council Full Council Meeting the 9th November 2020 @ 7pm Meeting will be held via Zoom.
Public Participation. Questions to be sent to email@example.com by 12pm on Monday 9th October 2020.
2). Declaration of Interests
3). Approval of Minutes of the last Meeting.
4). Matters arising from the last meetings minutes.
5). County Councillors Report
6). District councillors Report
7). Correspondence- (Councillor Resignation)
a) Summary of payments to be passed
b) Ratify Pools Licence fee
c) Budget/Precept 2020/21
9) Planning- Parish Council involvement.
10) Swan Park.
a) Report from Sub Committee Meeting
b) Park Equipment- Update.
11) Esthers Wardrobe.
12) Kelly Tots Nursery- Use of Grass area rear car park ECC.
13) Teddy Bears Nursery- Security Lighting and Gate Repair.
14) Clerk Arrangements- Locum
15) Street Buddies
17) Christmas Lights
18) Staffing Arrangements
19) Date of the next Meeting.
Essington Parish Council Full Council Meeting the 9th November 2020 @ 7pm Meeting will be held via Zoom.
Public Participation. Questions to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12pm on Monday 9th November 2020.
1). Apologies, Cllr Fisher, Cllr Sam Curtis, Cllr Andy Curtis
2). Declaration of Interests, Gill Kelly declared am interest in item 12 on the Agenda.
3). Approval of Minutes of the last Meeting, Proposed by Cllr Haddon, Seconded by Cllr Porter all in favour
4). Matters arising from the last meetings minutes. Cllr Nicklin mentioned highway’s meeting to be discussed under item 5 on the Agenda.
5). County Councillors Report; The clerk had contacted Cllr Kath Perry to arrange a highways meeting, however a key member still needed to confirm dates.
6). District councillors Report- None
7). Correspondence- (Councillor Resignation) Poplar Trees causing a nuisance to a resident Cllr Nicklin to investigate.
Rent Holiday ERUFC: Councillors discussed extending the rent holiday for the Rugby club until March End 2021 Proposed by Cllr Steel, that Council agree in principal to be ratified at Full Council, Seconded by Cllr Kelly 1 abstained, all in favour
a) Summary of payments to be passed-Proposed by Cllr Southern, Seconded by Cllr Haddon, all in favour.
b) Ratify Pools Licence fee- Proposed by Cllr Nicklin, Seconded by Cllr Lester, all in favour.
c) Budget/Precept 2020/21- Council have arranged a budget meeting for Monday 16th November.
9) Planning- Parish Council involvement- Conclusion was that Councillors may wish to look at a property within their own Ward however, it is thought to be up to the neighbours discretion should they wish to object.
10) Swan Park.
a) Report from Sub Committee Meeting, Meeting went well security of the site is the main priority, Cllr Nicklin will provide a budget at each stage of the refurbishment.
b) Park Equipment- Update. Still awaiting Insurance claim for fire damage.
11) Esthers Wardrobe. Councillors agreed that Esther’s wardrobe can go ahead in the old Parlour in the Café area of the Community Centre.
12) Kelly Tots Nursery- Use of Grass area rear car park ECC. Councillors agreed to the erection of a fence to the rear car park of the Community Centre, to create an outdoor space for Kelly Tots Nursery. The cost and maintenance will be covered by the Nursery.
13) Teddy Bears Nursery- Security Lighting and Gate Repair. A Cherry Picker is required to investigate the Security Lighting. Cllr Kelly to get a quote for repairs to the overhead gate.
14) Clerk Arrangements- Locum- it has been suggested that the Council should appoint a Locum Clerk asap.
15) Street Buddies- In the light of further Covid restrictions it is the intention of the Council to hopefully reintroduce the Street Buddies scheme which proved successful during Covid 1 lockdown. Cllr Southern, Cllr Steel and Cllr Kelly offered their help to coordinate the scheme along with any other volunteers however, Cllr Kelly will only be available until the 2nd December.
16) Foodbank- The Council have again this year received a large donation of food from St Johns School who asked the children parents and staff to donate items for harvest. Council still hold monetary donations for top ups, Cllr Kelly offered to do a shop should it be necessary.
17) Christmas Lights- Council discussed replacing the lights at St Johns Church the Community Centre and the Chapel, £5000.00 was resolved to supply and fit lights to the Church Community Centre and Chapel Proposed by Cllr Southern, Seconded by Cllr Kelly 1x Abstained, all in favour.
18) Staffing Arrangements- Councillors agreed Staff should remain at home to work where possible and only attend the Community Centre if it is deemed necessary, until the 2nd December.
19) Date of the next Meeting. 7th December 2020